“The Watch Tower” by Benjamin Padgett
A small watch tower marks the outside corner of the inner bawn of Aughnanure Castle in County Galway, Ireland. Remnants of the outer wall still stand in the distance, while a small portion of the castle frames the right side of this photograph. Built around 1500, the castle is intact, with its six stories still standing prominently on the banks of the Drimneen River. The watch tower is about 15’ (5m) in diameter.
Now available as a Limited Edition MetalPrint!